Subscription Center in Dynamics 365 for Marketing
In today’s post, we would like to share with you a simple way to create a subscription management scenario in Dynamics 365 for Marketing.
Subscription Center in Dynamics 365 for Marketing is a marketing module that enables all the contacts subscribed to communications of an organization to manipulate and organize their subscription preferences.
When creating an email message with Dynamics 365, the communication must include a link to the subscription center, otherwise, they will fail the error check when going live with messages missing this link.
Is important to pass this error check for these two main reasons:
- Many countries have a legal requirement that states that all marketing emails must include an unsubscribe link.
- The second reason is deliverability: Having an unsubscribe link will prevent your messages from being identified as spam by reputation monitors.
Also, keep in mind that all subscription centers include a “Do not email” checkbox. This allows contacts in the subscription process to stay out of marketing messages.
Similarly, to maintain close contact with the customers, you can offer multiple types of subscription to different types of newsletters. This way we can learn more about the specifics interests of our contacts and provide more options to maintain direct communication.
To create and complete an excellent test subscription management scenario in Dynamics 365 for Marketing you can follow these simple steps:
- Create Marketing Lists in the Survey app
- Create a Subscription Form
- Create a Subscription Center (Marketing Page)
- Create a Content Settings record
- Create a Customer Journey
- Open subscription center from mail in one of the segment members’ inbox
- Verify – in Survey app – contact is added as a member of the selected list(s)
Following this steps allows you to stay compliant and offer your contacts granular subscriptions options. If you want to go deeper into these steps and learn more about their process, please follow this link where Jesper Osgard explains with details how to create subscription management scenario.